Our CDC Condominium Fan Coil Unit Replacement team works swiftly and with utmost care to ensure a return to Standard Unit condition. Our team will:
- Prepare the area with dust-reducing procedures and protect all existing wall coverings and furniture, using a plastic sheeting “tent” around the work area.
- Remove the old unit and any existing mould while removing unnecessary components in unit cabinet.
- Install fresh insulation and a new, efficient FCU unit with new slip-in unit
- Reconnect all mechanical service and electrical connections
- Test unit for any leaks and establish system integrity
- Restore area to previous condition
New Fan Coil Units
Efficient ECM motors are highly efficient and extremely reliable using 50% of the energy of existing systems and are the quietest operating units in the industry.
Damage Prevention: A built in alarm can be added to warn residents of water-overflow and automatically shuts down the system to prevent damage to the suite and the suites below.
Mould Remediation: CDC uses K-Flex closed cell antimicrobial insulation to reduce microbial growth and is designed to facilitate the mould remediation process.
Who is Responsible?
Managers have noticed that many residents forget to maintain their fan coil units and end up paying more for damage caused by neglect. As a result many condominium corporations have taken on the responsibility of each fan coil unit by hiring a certified contractor using finances from the operating budget. Normally this is done during spring and fall before switching over from AC to heat and vice-versa.
Besides standard preventative maintenance costs any additional repair costs, parts replacement, maintenance of fan coil units are the owner’s responsibility. After the condominium corporation retrofits the building’s FCU system work can be financed from the reserve fund without raising maintenance fees.