Smoke and fire damage is the most devastating disaster that can happen to your property. After the fire has been extinguished there are many ways that damage can spread if proper, immediate action isn’t taken. Soot may settle into fabrics, travel into other rooms and units, affecting paint, carpet, upholstery, and any other items in the household. Ash remaining from the fire is acidic in nature and will continue to corrode until it is properly cleaned up. Additionally, if water was used to extinguish the fire you now have the complication of potential water damage as well to other units. Extra care and treatment is vital to restore the property so that it can be returned to Standard Unit condition.
Smoke & Fire Restoration Process
In the case of water application to douse a fire, water escape mitigation measures will be taken immediately in addition to the following procedure:
- Emergency pre-cleaning of all contaminated surfaces.
- Cleaning of all items in household including carpeting(removal as necessary),draperies, furniture, etc.
- Wall and ceiling cleaning.
- Deodorization and sanitizing of entire unit.
- Clean up of equipment and return unit to Standard Unit condition. In common areas, we will return the area to its previous condition.
Like smoke and fire damage, flood damage requires a professional team like CDC to properly assess and remove all affected items. The longer the water sits the more damage it does. The flood mitigation crew at CDC acts swiftly and efficiently to remove water and dry out all water damaged areas. Moist fabrics,cabinets, dry walls and carpet are a breeding ground for mould and fungus that can lead to serious health concerns if left untreated. In a condo environment this is an even greater cause for concern since moisture can also seep into the concrete below,through carpet/laminate floor leading to a potential structural issue for the building. Speed is essential.
Water Damage Restoration Process
Water escape incidents require special care to prevent mould or fungus from growing. The team at CDC will carry out complete restoration with the following procedure:
- Remove all standing water with water extractor and dry all surfaces.
- Removal of all carpets & laminates and complete drying of underlying floor and walls.
- Fans are installed to dry Furniture, draperies, computers, appliances and other electronic equipment.
- Decontamination of unit to remove all sources of mould causing agents.
- New drywall, tile,flooring, cabinets, countertops, paints etc. will be installed as necessary, to return to Standard Unit condition.
Sanitize Removal of all corrosive or mould-harbouring items in the unit and treatment of mould or corrosion.
Restoration Returning all walls, floors and any salvageable items to their pre-damage condition wherever possible.
Prevention Restoring all surfaces and furnishings and flooring in common elements
Canadian Design & Construction Inc. offers a limited 3 year warranty on the workmanship involved in the restoration of the unit and common areas. A full, detailed certificate of Warranty will be provided.